This position is a member of the company’s management team and is responsible for the management of the accounting department, including Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections, Accounts Payable and General Accounting, audit and SOX compliance ,and inventory. The person will maintain the company’s GAAP. compliant financial books and records, close the books monthly and yearly, complete and comply with a hard close checklist, produce financial statements, forecasts, strategy planning, budgets, and other reports as needed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Supervise, train as needed, accounting staff.
● Assure compliance to GAAP with regard to accounting processing and bookkeeping.
● Manage the annual CPA Audit or Review process.
● Close the books monthly and produce financial information within 5 days of close of period.
● Produce, manage, and maintain the annual budget and monthly forecast, gathering input from management, updating as needed, and reporting on progress throughout the year.
● Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards at two locations in Mexico and one location in Malaysia.
● recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance and support the General Manager with Financial Data for continuous improvement.
● Oversee or actively participate in various agency audits, such as: Insurance audits, Sale Tax, Property Taxes, and Other.
● Assure compliance with all government requirements and agencies, including State Board of Equalization and property tax filings.
● Maintain proper records for efficient access or retrieval and proper retention for internal and government requirements.
● Develop, document, and maintain written accounting policies and procedures.
● Maintain and manage the tracking and accounting of all the company’s Fixed Assets and Depreciation schedules
● Assure proper internal Controls and segregation of duties to manage and safeguard the company’s financial assets.
● Provide Management with financial analysis, reports, graphs, etc. to help understand and manage the operations of the company.
● Document and maintain the company’s Credit and Collection Policies, including approval limits.
● Reconcile all appropriate General Ledger Accounts on a monthly basis, back-up supporting journals, reports, etc. and documented evidence of complete reconciliations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
● Accounting degree from 4-year college
● CPA certificate desired, not required
● Prior experience, at least 5 years, as Controller, or equivalent at companies with annual revenues greater than $100 million in manufacturing preferably with a publicly traded company.
● Inventory Management.
● ERP system experience
● Prior supervision experience.
● Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
● Analytical and research skills.
● Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Team oriented, works well with others in a cooperative, sharing manner, while maintaining independence and reasonable checks and balances.