The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for technical support and sustaining engineering of the manufacturing department and for ensuring maximum efficiency of the company’s manufacturing processes. This position requires operating equipment specifications, improving manufacturing techniques and improving current manufacturing processes and procedures. Also, facilitating efficient operations within production area to ensure the production goals are met, should be able to analyze and solve problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through a wide range of complex and advanced problems and approves assembly instructions prior to release to manufacturing for production builds and along with that introducing new process equipment to production and developing manufacturing plans and documentation to support new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Design, develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, processes, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
● Ensure proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. Write and review validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes.
● Interfaces with estimators, applications engineering, and manufacturing to establish manufacturing plan for new products. Works directly with the engineering assembly line and other work center supervisors responsible for building first piece articles.
● Oversees the first time build process from NPI and approves assembly instructions. Verifies that bill of material, tooling, process steps, labeling, and packaging instructions are correct prior to submitting to quality department for final inspection.
● Strong interpersonal skills that create and support a collaborative, harmonious, team oriented environment.
● Analyze the current method of production by watching operations, conducting comprehensive research, interviewing suppliers and using information about the product and its parts.
● Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
● Create new ways of producing products for new or current ventures by utilizing findings from research, knowledge of the product, expense information and company goals.
● Work to provide solutions to leadership when presented with manufacturing concerns.
● Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimal instruction.
● Ethical business practices with suppliers and coworkers.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● High School diploma or GED. One year minimum experience in Receiving for a contract manufacturing company.
● BA or BSEE degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years related experience.
● High mix/low volume manufacturing experiences a plus.
● Excellent attention to detail and time management.
● Knowledge of computer design and engineering software.
● Ability to lift 25-35 pounds.
● Prolonged standing, stooping, and kneeling.
● Exposure to warehouse and manufacturing environment.