Amphenol DC Electronics, Inc. is a custom cable assembly and wire harness manufacturing company based in Silicon Valley, CA. We are a division of Amphenol, one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. As part of Amphenol’s elite Industrial Products Group, ADCE specializes in manufacturing sophisticated interconnects for demanding medical and industrial applications. Working in conjunction with our facility in Nogales, Mexico, ADCE has the capacity and competitive edge to meet the wire harness needs of high tech OEM’s throughout the world. Join our expanding team and be in the exciting epicenter of the technological revolution, Silicon Valley.
The Program Manager works under minimal supervision position is responsible for coordinating and directing the manufacturing department and production control in processing assembly products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensures on-time delivery.
● Analyze and resolve manufacturing problems or assist line supervisors and workers in solving operating problems including grievances.
● Provide a manufacturing operations environment based on exceeding the customers’ needs and expectations.
● Ensures adoption and execution of LEAN Process design – Continuous Improvement projects and programs throughout areas of responsibility and develops new LEAN 6s programs.
● Define metrics and procedures for maintaining high standards of product quality, reliability, safety and environmental compliance.
● Maintains processes, procedures and documentation methodologies.
● Train and motivate work force; provides coaching and career development to staff.
● Works with department heads and staff to manage resource requirements relevant to customer supply and throughput.
● Support quality team in root cause analysis of failure and manufacturing quality yields.
● Defines/facilitates policies which impact the cost-effective manufacture of quality products.
● Participate in Safety program and committee.
● Performs other job duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
● BS/BA (Engineering preferred) degree from 4-year college.
● Prior progressive experience and responsibility, at least 5 years in production manager position.
● Certification or extensive experience with LEAN, Six Sigma, constraint management, JIT.
● Track record of coordinating lean / six-sigma / continuous improvement manufacturing methodology.
● Prior supervision experience.
● Strong computer, ERP, and Excel/Google Docs spreadsheet skills.
● Medical device and Epicor experience desired.
● Strong people management skills with capability to supervise, lead, and develop department staff. A proven track record of identifying and developing talent as well as strong communication and leadership skills.
● Need a type A personality who takes charge, leads by example and drives operations to excel.
● Preferred: electronics OEM supplier experience: low volume, high mix, diverse small parts, fast turnaround times.
● Relevant industries/products: wire and harness assembly, electronics, hi sku.
● Analytical and research skills.
● Self-started, able to work independently with general supervision.
● Team oriented, works well with others in a cooperative and cross functional manner, while maintaining independence.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Amphenol Aerospace, to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability or prior arrest or conviction record.