The technical sales engineer’s responsibilities include assisting engineers with various tasks like design and construction, providing customer support related to products, and establishing new opportunities. You should be able to deliver excellent customer support and make appropriate suggestions for improvement.
To be successful, technical sales engineer needs to demonstrate great active listening skills, be efficient, and sound knowledge of the relevant engineering discipline. Should be a self-starter with superb networking abilities, research skills, and a good eye for opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Proficient in technical product specifications and keeping up to date with new company products as well as industry trends.
● Supporting the customer and engineering team during planning, design, and development.
● Writing reports and liaising with the production team regarding issues, foreseeable problems, and effective solutions.
● Simplifying technical terms during product demonstrations and post-sales customer support.
● Maintaining strong professional relationships with existing clients and meeting with new clients to expand sales.
● Coordinating with internal team to ensure products are completed on schedule.
● Conducting required research and developing best practices.
● Listening to customers’ needs and advising them on solution.
● Suggests proposed changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations for the customer.
● Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information of targeted accounts and competitive information associated with these accounts for use in potential proposals/agreements.
● Establishes and cultivates relationships with potential accounts to arouse interest in Amphenol DC Electronics’ products and services with the goal of signing up new accounts/closing deals.
● Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
● Strong technical skills
● Research and analytical skills.
● Communication skills, including the ability to explain clearly, and listen to the feedback of clients.
● Teamworking, Sale, and Organizational Skills.
● Excellent verbal and written skills , and the ability to build relationship quickly and effectively.
● Must have significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel PowerPoint, and use of the internet in support of job tasks.
● Independence and self-reliance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or the equivalent in experience.