We are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team. The incumbent will report directly to the Warehouse Manager and will oversee daily warehouse operations including maintaining inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items; securing the warehouse; supervising staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures
● Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements
● Implement daily warehouse audit
● Ensure material flow in respect of FIFO
● Build up the good discipline of warehouse operators
● Organize cycle count and analyze data
● Ensure all warehouse operations in accordance with EH&S regulations
● Maintains a clean and safe working environment in line with company policy.
● Maintains reliable and regular work attendance
● Understanding and adherence to the Safety Codes of manufacturing
● Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
● Employee Supervision
● Safety Management.
● Data Entry Management.
● Reporting Skills.
● Analyzing Information.
● Ability to dealing with Complexity.
● Equipment Maintenance.
● Excellent attention to deatail and organization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
● Degree or Diploma in logistics/warehouse management or equivalent qualification in terms of on the job experience.
● Working experience in the area of warehouse management in the manufacturing field. Hands-on experience in KanBan and JIT systems.
● Knowledge & experience in ERP applications. Cetec preferred
● Integrity, self-motivated, energized, good communication and cooperation skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be able to work in a manufacturing work environment